Dual Career Assistance
Helping dual career couples find career success at Baylor and in the community.
In This Guide
Career Success in Your New Community
It can be both exciting and challenging when your spouse has accepted a job in a new city, especially if it means leaving your own position and finding a job in your new community. Sometimes the biggest challenge is simply knowing where to begin.
Baylor’s Dual Career Assistance Program was created for people just like you. We want your spouse to have a successful career here at Baylor and we want to help set you up for success in your own job search.
This program offers the spouse of a newly-hired full-time faculty or staff member personalized job search preparation assistance. While we do not guarantee a job, we can provide you tools and resources as you conduct your job search, both at Baylor and in the surrounding Waco community.
- Spouse of a new, permanent full-time faculty or staff member
- Is or will become unemployed due to relocation to Waco
- Eligible to work in the United States
Steps to Start
- The new Baylor employee expresses an interest in the program to their hiring manager.
- The hiring manager contacts the Dual Career Assistance program manager to make a referral.
- The program manager conducts an initial consultation with the spouse to discuss his/her employment interests, skills and needs. This meeting is typically held in person but can also be conducted over the phone.
- The program manager provides services tailored to fit the spouse's needs.
Assistance is provided to support the individual’s own job search efforts at Baylor and in the community. There is no guarantee of employment.
- Consultations with candidate’s spouse during the final interviewing stage (pre-offer)
- Consultation about current job openings at the University
- Networking with area employers
- Resumé and cover letter critique
- Assistance with interviewing techniques
- Other information that may be helpful in a job search
- Temporary Employment at Baylor:Please contact Adecco Staffing at 254-666-0002
Athletic Events:Employment for athletic events at McLane Stadium is handled by SMG. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities and Food Services:Please contact Sarah Elliott, HR Manager for ARAMARK at 254-710-1415
Baylor Bookstore:Operated by Follett Higher Education Group.
Please contact Allen Pine, Assistant Manager at: Allen_Pine@Baylor.edu
Families in Transition
As part of the Wellbeing initiative, Baylor provides resources for all faculty, staff, and family encouraging physical, financial, spiritual, emotional and social and professional wellbeing.
- FamilySource®:Unlimited referral and resources for child care, elder care, education, relocation, daily living issues, etc.
LegalConnect®:Free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer in your community, percentage discount off lawyer services and coverage for parental rights, civil/criminal issues, divorce, etc.
FinancialConnect®:Referral to financial planner, coverage for debt, credit card issues, tax issues, etc.