Staff Application Process
In This Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Steps to Apply for Staff Positions
- Application Review and Selection Process
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about our application process, you are not alone! We have compiled many of the most commonly asked questions about the staff application process and provided clear and concise answers in our easy to use FAQ guide. The order of the sample questions in the FAQ guide mirrors our standard selection process and includes answers to questions such as:
- To whom should I address my cover letter?
- What does “relevant experience” mean?
- Why does Baylor ask about my religion on the application?
- And many more! Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Steps to Apply for Staff Positions
Start your Baylor career search by visiting baylor.edu/jobs.
- Scroll and view all open staff positions by clicking on the "Staff" button.
- Refine your search by position title, department information, or by using keywords.
- Click on the job title to learn more about a position.
- Click on the "Apply for this Job" at the top of the job posting to submit an application.
- If you already have a user account, you will be asked to log into your account and submit your application.
If this is your first time to apply at Baylor, you will need to create a user account. When you click to apply to a position, you will be prompted to create an account. You can also create an account from the main page by clicking on the "Create an Account" button on the left side of the page.
- Remember, you will also be asked to upload a resume and custom cover letter for each position to which apply!
- Once you have an account, you can check the status of the application, edit your profile, and apply for new jobs.
For technical assistance specifically with our jobs page, please email Human_Resources@baylor.edu.
Application Review and Selection Process
- Once we receive your application, a Talent Acquisition Specialist in Human Resources will review it to determine if all required qualifications are met. If the application meets the stated minimum qualifications, it will be sent to the hiring department for further consideration.
- If the hiring department decides to request an interview, you will be contacted by a representative from either Human Resources or the hiring department to schedule a time.
- The typical selection process can take 8 to 10 weeks to complete.
- If you are a finalist for the position, you will receive a request for information to complete a background check and a minimum of three professional references. Please note that a request for references and background check does not constitute a job offer, as references and checks are conducted on most finalists.
- All applicants will be notified via email once a final decision is made.
If you are selected to receive a job offer, you will be contacted directly by a Talent Acquisition Specialist.