Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
Thank you for visiting our webpage!
Since January 2018, BFSA has remained committed to the personal and professional development and advancement of Black faculty and staff members.
Since our beginning, BFSA has implemented a few staple initiatives and signature programs to cement the value of our organization. To date, we have:
- Created a five-year strategic plan
- Developed the AIM Leadership Collective in collaboration with Human Resources
- Hosted a Faculty, Staff, and Student mixer with the Black Student Coalition
- Served on the Staff Awards Selection Committee
- Facilitated professional development seminars
- Addressed the Baylor Board of Regents’ University Leadership and Compensation Committee
BFSA membership is open to all faculty, staff, graduate students, and post-doctoral students at Baylor University. We are committed to working with all people to achieve our goals and objectives. Join us as we progress forward together!
Email BFSA@baylor.edu for more information about the association and/or to join our listserv.
If you are currently a BFSA member and need to pay dues, please do so using this ONLINE FORM; you will need to log in with your BearID and Password to access the form or you may use the "Pay Membership Dues" button below.
The Black Faculty & Staff Association is dedicated to providing Black faculty, staff, and graduate students professional development, support, and mentoring through critical dialogue, cultural awareness, networking, recruitment, and retention in order to further enrich our academic excellence, worldwide leadership and service, and Christian commitment within a caring community.
- Cultural Awareness
- Critical Dialogue
- Onboard Policy and Procedures
- Graduate Students
- Post Doc
- Cultural Integration
To help new members and those interested in joining the Baylor Black Faculty and Staff Association learn more about and understand our ERG, we have prepared a list of FAQs. Additional questions can be emailed to BFSA@baylor.edu.
The BFSA By-Laws were created to inform and guide all participants. The BFSA By-Laws outline topics such as our mission, officers/representatives, committees, membership, and more. Please review our BU BFSA By-Laws document document as well as the Amendments document.
- Adrienne Cain - President
- Tranquility Gordon - President Elect
- De'Janae Tookes - Secretary
- Ryan Reed - Treasurer
- Hayley Thomas - Communications and Outreach Director
- Joshua Young - Parliamentarian
- Geoffrey Griggs - Immediate Past President
We are excited to fellowship with our members and friends, the safety and well-being of our members and attendees are our first priority.
TBA - Special events in partnership with other University and local organizations
* Meetings will be held from 12:00pm to 1:30pm
Email Address: BFSA@baylor.edu