Employee Assistance Program
ATTENTION: Baylor University will transition to Optum Health as the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider on December 1, 2023.
What is an Employee Assistance Program?
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at Baylor University supported by Optum Health beginning December 1, 2023, is a confidential information and counseling service provided as a benefit to you and your household members at no extra cost to eligible Baylor faculty and staff. Baylor University provides full time faculty and staff (and their household family members) with this EAP to support their personal and professional life.
What resources are available through the EAP?
You'll find confidential access to professional care, self-help programs and other resources to help you deal with life's challenges. Once registered with the Optum Health Live and Work Well Program, eligible faculty and staff can access the following resource offerings 24 hours a day for convenience.
- Up to 5 sessions with a counselor either one-on-one, in person or virtually
- Unlimited telephonic access to master's-level counselors
- Legal and financial support
- Parenting and childcare support
- Information on caring for an elder dependent
How do I register for the EAP?
Registration for this program will become live on December 1, 2023. Connecting to care is easier than ever with Optum Health's Live and Work Well Program. Follow these steps below to get started. You can also call 866.248.4096 for assistance. Use Bears as the access code, if requested.
- Visit the liveandworkwell.com Website.
- Click on the "Register" button.
- Complete the form questions as requested and make sure to select "Employee assistance program only" before clicking the "Continue" button.
- Set up your account by entering all the fields to create your HealthSafe ID then click the "Continue" button.
- Once you have your HealthSafe ID, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you used to create your profile. Check your spam folder if you do not see confirmation email in your inbox.
- In the confirmation email, click the "Confirm your email address" link and a "Thank you for registering" webpage will open.
- On this page, you will see a drop down menu to click the name of the company. Select Baylor University and click the "Continue" button. This is where you will link your HealthSafe ID profile with the Baylor account.
- You will receive a congratulations email with login information for the Baylor EAP Optum Health Live and Work Well program where you can begin to explore various resources available to you 24/7.
Guidance Resources EAP access through November 30, 2023
- Enter this address in your Web browser: www.guidanceresources.com
- Select the 'Register' tab on the right side.
- Enter the Organization Web ID when prompted: DLEAP
- You will be prompted to set up your user name, password, and security question as a first time user.
Phone: 888-628-4844, TDD 800-697-0353