In This Guide
- Information for Exiting Faculty
- Steps to Complete Prior to Your Last Day
- Information About Exiting Faculty Email Accounts
Information for Exiting Faculty
Steps to Complete Prior to Your Last Day
- Read the Faculty Dismissal Policy and/or the Retirement Benefits policies.
- Submit a letter of resignation to your supervisor and/or department head. The letter should include the following information:
- Reason for resignation
- Position title
- Expected date of separation (a two-week notice required)
- Forwarding address for end-of-the-year W-2 mail outs
- Signature of separating employee.
- Complete the Faculty/Staff Separation Processing Form in coordination with your department.
- Your department will verify clearance of all miscellaneous charges from "Section B" by contacting the appropriate offices;
- Your department will sign where appropriate to verify clearances have been completed; and
- Meet with your department to complete "Section A" (departmental clearance) and initial where applicable for verification.
- Complete and print the Technology Access Form.
- Additional actions required by the separating employee prior to last day of employment:
- Return library books to the appropriate University Libraries;
- Pay or arrange to pay any indebtedness owed to the University or related entity;
- Remove any personal or private files from your computer; and
- Coordinate separation with Student Financial Aid Office if you, your spouse and/or your dependents are receiving tuition remission benefits.
Information About Exiting Faculty Email Accounts
- Faculty voluntarily separating from the University will retain your faculty email for approximately six (6) months after your last day of employment. These accounts are deleted after the six month time period(without prior notification)unless the individual re-affiliates with Baylor through employment or school enrollment.
- Individuals involuntarily separated from the University will lose access immediately.
- Email accounts for retirees currently remain active for an indefinite period.
- Baylor currently provides former students an email account (BearID@alumni.baylor.edu) that allows them to continue to show their Baylor affiliation through their email address. If you meet the established level for provisioning of alumni accounts (see below), contact the helpdesk at 710-4357 or email email@example.com to learn more on how to accessing this account. For more information on Alumni Email, please visit the ITS Alumni Email page.