2024 Benefits Enrollment
October 17 - 31, 2023
What to Know
Open enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to review and update your benefit elections to make sure they continue meeting your needs. Enrollment for your 2024 benefits will be from October 17 - 31, 2023 inside Benefitfocus. This is an active enrollment so you will need to take action and select your benefit elections, even if you are not making changes to your current elections. Below are a few highlights and changes for the 2024 benefits.
- Medical Plan Deductibles: Due to updated IRS limits for 2024, HDHP deductibles will increase to $1,600 individual/$3,200 family for in-network services and to $3,200 individual/$6,400 family for out-of-network services. PPO deductibles will not change.
- New Progyny Fertility Benefit: Baylor medical plan members will have access to Progyny, a comprehensive fertility and family building benefit that supports all paths to parenthood.
- New Dental Plan Administrator: UnitedHealthcare Dental will replace Cigna Dental. There will be no change in plan design, and the plan will now offer enhancements such as teledentistry, prenatal dental benefits, and oral cancer screenings.
- New HSA and FSA Administrator: HSA Bank will replace Benefit Wallet and HealthEquity as the administrator for the Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- HSA Contribution Limit Increase: The IRS has increased the amount you can contribute to the Health Savings Account in 2024 to $4,150 for individuals and $8,300 for families.
- New EAP Administrator: Optum Health will replace ComPsych Guidance Resources as the administrator for the Employee Assistance Program. The new plan will be effective 12/1/2023 and will offer 5 visits per person per issue.
How to Enroll
You can make your elections online using the Benefitfocus enrollment system and the instructions below OR you can call the Call Center at 1.254.710.2000, then press 1, to speak with a Benefits Counselor who will take your elections over the phone. Counselors are available Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm (CT). The online system is available 24/7 during Open Enrollment and can be accessed from any Internet-enabled device using your BearID and password for login. Please login to Benefitfocus and follow instructions.
- --> Collect information for all beneficiaries (you will need to add these beneficiaries into BenefitfocusTM starting 10/17)
- Phone Number
- Tax ID (if needed)
- --> Collect information for all eligible dependents (you will need to add these dependents into BenefitfocusTM starting 10/17)
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- --> Review the options and understand your choices
- Review the benefits brochure to help you determine the best plan options for your circumstances
- Make sure to include any other individuals who will be affected by your elections in the decision-making process
- Log into Benefitfocus and make your 2024 benefit elections
- You can also use the Benefitfocus Mobile App User Guide
The Open Enrollment brochure summarizes benefit plans that are available to benefit-eligible employees at Baylor University. This brochure is meant only to cover the major points of benefit plans, and it does not contain all of the details that are included in summary plan descriptions.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information in this guide, if there is ever a question about one of these plans and policies, or if there is a conflict between the information in this guide and the formal language of the plan or policy documents, the formal wording in the plan or policy documents will govern. Examples shown within this brochure are for illustration purposes only and your individual situation may vary.
If you have additional questions regarding the 2024 Benefits Open Enrollment which are not answered through this webpage, please call 254.710.2000 then press 1.