Outstanding Staff Award
Recognizes 4-7 staff members who accomplish exceptional achievements in their respective job assignment effectively supporting the University’s mission. The staff members go above and beyond expectations in their role and have shown professional dedication to their work or have supported the university’s mission through service contributions to Baylor and the local community.
Nominations for this award closed on Feb. 3, 2023. Check back with us next year.
- A single nominator can submit for an individual staff member.
- A group or team can submit for an individual staff member.
- Submissions will not be accepted for multiple staff members within a single nomination submission form.
- Submissions should be unique for each individual staff member nominated.
- Submissions should be as detailed as possible in order to provide the selection committee with a significant amount of material for review.
Nomination & Eligibility Guidelines
- Nominations will be based on the employee’s exhibition of one or more of the following:
- Support in fulfilling the university's mission;
- Achievements within the respective job assignment; and
- Exemplifies the Christian spirit through their interactions & service to others; and
- Contributions through service at Baylor and/or to the greater community.
- Any staff or faculty member can nominate an eligible staff for the award.
- Staff member may not nominate themselves for an award
- Staff (regular, non-temporary) from all employment levels are eligible, except President’s Council members.
- A staff member must be employed for a minimum of two consecutive years before he/she may be selected as outstanding staff.
- A staff member may be selected no more than once every five years for staff awards (Staff that receive the Outstanding Staff Award cannot receive the Distinguished Leadership Award within five years of receipt of the first award, and vice versa).
- A staff member may be nominated more than once, but not by the same person in the same year.