Staff Performance Review Process
In This Guide
- Preparing for Performance Review Process
- Performance Review Timeline and Process Steps
- Additional Resources
Preparing for Performance Review Process
The 2023-24 Staff Performance Review Process is reviewing your work between March 1, 2023 – February 29, 2024.
IMPORTANT: Update your goals in Ignite prior to February 29, 2024 or before completing your self-evaluation . This ensures your manager will see the most current status when your goals are pulled into your performance review.
If you would like to get started early or draft your self-evaluation out of system, you can use this template as a guide to start composing your thoughts for this year. Keep in mind that your final responses will need to be entered into the online version of the form in IGNITE once it becomes available.
- Describe your goals from the past year. Were they achieved? Delayed? Changed? What contributions did you make to each and what were the challenges of each?
- Include major accomplishments and successes you would like to highlight such as significant projects and accomplishments not included in the goals.
- Consider significant unexpected challenges or setbacks you experienced, the impact on your results, and how you were able to adapt to or overcome them.
- Looking back on the past year, how do you view the work you did and the way in which you accomplished your work in relation to the Core Commitments?
- Review your one-on-one notes, project notes, calendar from the past year, etc. to help remember and identify key projects, successes, and challenges.
- Your self-evaluation should focus on highlights rather than being a full list of job tasks.
- Be specific and provide concise examples. Use metrics where possible. There should be enough detail to support the ratings you give yourself.
- It can be helpful to frame weaknesses or set-backs as opportunities or possible goals.
- Incorporate positive feedback received from others.
- Proofread to catch any typos or grammatical errors.
- Use this job aid to help navigate Ignite to enter your self-evaluation.
2023-24 Staff Performance Review Process - Who Participates?
|Performance Appraisal Required
|Performance Appraisal Optional (and on request)
|Full-Time and Part-Time Staff hired before December 1, 2023
NOTE: For the purposes of the Staff Performance Review Process, temporary Staff are defined as those whose role and work needed is intended to be less than one year, regardless of funding source for the role.
Performance Review Timeline and Process Steps to Follow
The annual review process takes place in the spring with a review of the past year and begins planning for the upcoming year. The process steps and due dates are listed below. Steps may be completed ahead of the due date. Also, some departments may have shorter internal timelines, so check with your department head.
- Employee begins self-evaluation form on March 1, 2023 and completes on or before March 20, 2024.
- Manager completes review form on or before April 12, 2024.
- Employee and manager discuss review form and manager signs off on or before April 26, 2024.
- Employee signs off on or before April 26, 2024.
- Employee enters new goals in Ignite beginning on May 1, 2024. You can use this Goals Template to start thinking about and planning your goals.