About Benefits at Baylor
As a faculty or staff member, you have the ability to make an impact every day as you live out the mission of the University. To equip you for success in your role, Baylor's purposefully-designed benefits package demonstrates our Christian commitment and caring community. The benefit chart below gives an overview of what Baylor University has to offer employees. These and other benefit advantages provide convenient opportunities for the wellbeing of Baylor faculty/staff, their families and retirees.
NOTE: If you are a post-doc or post-doc fellow, please email askHR@baylor.edu with any benefit questions you may have.
Faculty & Staff 
Faculty & Staff 
|Medical / Prescription Drug Plan (Rx)||✓|
|Retirement 403b (employer contributions)  ||✓||✓|
|Retirement 403b (employee contributions) ||✓||✓|
|Retirement 457b (employee contributions) ||✓||✓|
|Flexible Spending Account (FSA)||✓|
|Dependent Flexible Spending Account (FSA)||✓|
|Health Savings Account (HSA) ||✓|
|Group Life and Dependent Life||✓|
|Supplemental Term Life||✓|
|Other Supplemental Insurance ||✓|
|Employee Assistance Program||✓|
|Baylor Identification Card (BUID)||✓||✓|
|Use of Campus Facilities
(examples: SLC, marina, gameroom, library)
|Admission to Certain Campus Events||✓||✓|
(discounted or free depending on sport and/or conference game)
|Event Ticket Discounts
(School of Music, Baylor Theater, Mayborn Museum, etc.)
|Baylor Bookstore Discounts||✓||✓|
|Campus Dining Discounts||✓||✓|
About Time Off
At Baylor, you and your family are cared for personally and professionally. One of the ways Baylor achieves this is by offering generous time off available day 1 of employment. The chart below gives an overview of various leave options at Baylor. Eligible employees also enjoy 10 University recognized holidays.
|Bereavement Leave ||✓|
|Sick Time ||✓|
|Vacation Time ||✓|
|Spiritual Wellbeing Leave||✓|
|Paid Parental Leave||✓|
|Paid Military/Emergency Responder Leave||✓|
|Primary Caregiver Leave||✓||✓|
1. Full Time (faculty, staff, and post-doc fellows (.75 FTE or more per semester) and Full time temp staff (30 or more hours a week)
2. Part-time Faculty (less than .75FTE per semester) or Part Time Staff (29 or less hours per week)
3. Not eligible to participate: Students (including graduate students), event workers (camp workers, concession workers, and any other individual classified as an event worker in the payroll records of the Employer), Employees whose employment contract provides the Employee shall not receive contributions, Employees of Brazos Valley Public Broadcasting Foundation, Post-Doctoral Fellows and Post-Doctoral Research Associates.
4. Part-time faculty and staff are eligible for employer contributions if they have met eligibility requirements set forth in the plan document. You can obtain a copy of the Baylor Retirement Plan Summary at this webpage.
5. Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are available for eligible employees who enroll in the Baylor HDHP medical plan.
6. Plans include Accident, Cancer/Specified Diseases, Short-Term Disability, Specified Health Event, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Long Term Care.
7. Non-benefit eligible temporary staff are excluded.