Spring into Spiritual Wellbeing
Don’t forget to use your Spiritual Wellbeing Leave before August 31, 2024. As part of Baylor’s campuswide Spiritual Wellbeing initiative, all eligible Baylor staff received 8 hours per year of time off dedicated to use for purposes of Spiritual Wellbeing. As of January 31, Baylor employees have collectively utilized 3,572 amount of Spiritual Wellbeing hours to further their mental, physical, and holistic health. We encourage everyone to utilize this time prior to end of August. The spring season often offers opportunities for spiritual renewal through a variety of activities.
Are you still looking for ways to take your leave? The spring season often offers opportunities for spiritual renewal through a variety of activities. Please see the suggestions below:
- Volunteer with a food drive or meal service (ex: Shepherd’s Heart, Meals on Wheels Waco, etc.). Many organizations that provide food security services often need increased help during the holidays.
- Set aside time for Lenten or Easter devotionals.
- Assist your church or neighbor with spring cleaning or gardening. Many churches and families like to celebrate the spring holidays with fresh spaces and foliage.
- Enter the spring season with a time of reflection. Spend time on a nature walk reflecting on seasons of change and the wonders of God’s beautiful creations on Earth.
Read more about how one of your colleagues has spent their Spiritual Wellbeing Leave so far this academic year and what this benefit means to them.
"I rode my bike on the trails at Cameron Park. Spiritual Wellbeing Leave is another signal from Baylor Leadership that long-term health and wellbeing of its employees is a priority. I appreciate that the leave isn’t restrictive or require any sort of documentation or approval. There are many things that can promote spiritual wellbeing, and we’re all different. For me, spending time outdoors is a key way that I stay healthy."
- Conner Krey, Library and Academic Technology Services
Spiritual Wellbeing results from our communion with God and greatly supports our mental health. Baylor University encourages staff to use this benefit to further these endeavors in a way that is most meaningful to you personally. You can find more information about Spiritual Wellbeing Leave at this webpage. We would love to hear about your experience utilizing Spiritual Wellbeing Leave. Please contact Lauren Vorderkunz at Lauren_Vorderkunz@baylor.edu to share your story.